Celebrate all we grow in Yolo County
The first day of spring, March 20, will see a celebration of Yolo County’s agricultural bounty at Park Winters in a Gala to benefit Yolo Farm to Fork. Foods from the farms, ranches and vineyards of Yolo County will be featured in the Gala dinner that begins with a wine and appetizers from 5:30 PM, continuing with a gourmet dinner at 6:30. The elegant event is an opportunity to enjoy an upscale dinner using fresh local food in an amazing setting, the simple country luxury of Park Winters. The Gala will raise awareness and support for the 43 edible garden-learning projects supported by Yolo Farm to Fork throughout Yolo County.
To purchase tickets, visit our page at EventBrite.
- Work fresh compost into beds with perennials or when rotating crops;
- Control weeds by pulling them out by the roots;
- Finish pruning fruit trees and roses;
- Patrol for bugs and other pests, drop the “bad bugs” in soapy water;
- Keep up your schedule with students, staff, and volunteers!
Looking for more tips throughout the year? Download our Garden Calendar.
GRAB YOUR CAMERA PHONES!
- Gather your friends.
- Make a video.
- Submit you video by Feb. 20th.
- Register here!
GARDEN GRANT OPPORTUNITIES
- California Fertilizer Foundation – Garden Grant due Feb. 15th
- Scotts MiraclGro – Grassroots Garden Grant due Feb. 20th
- Feb. 4 – Gardening with Natives @ Master Gardeners
- Feb. 18 – 2017 Farm Dinner Dates @ Full Belly Farm
- Feb. 23 – West Sac School Gardens Coordinator Meeting @ Westmore Oaks
- Feb. 24 – California Duck Days sponsored by the Yolo Basin Foundation
SAVE THE DATE
- March 18 – Tractor Family Fest @ California Agriculture Museum
- March 27-29 – California Farm to School and Garden Conference